Associate Year End and W-2
Prior to W-2 issuance:
- Sign up for online delivery by December 24 and get your W-2 as early as January 25!
- Get early access to your W-2 and free copies through October 15.
- CLICK HERE to go to Paperless Employee and sign up today!
- Paperless Employee has a User Guide available to reference for your account creation and other W-2 self-service features.
- If you have not registered for online delivery by December 24, you will have your W-2 mailed via first class mail to the address on record no later than January 31.
- Avoid a delayed or incorrect W-2.
- Look at your most recent paystub and confirm that your information is correct.
- Report any other missing or incorrect information to your local branch no later than December 24.
- Have you moved? Tax documents are not forwarded by the postal service. Therefore, if you have moved, it is imperative that your address is updated in the system no later than December 24.
- Use the mobile app to change your home address, email, and phone number.
- Associates claiming to be EXEMPT for federal and/or state tax withholding purposes:
- Federal Exempt Status
- A new 2022 W-4 MUST be completed by February 15, 2023 to maintain your EXEMPT status.
- If a replacement W-4 is not received, the 2023 W-4 will be treated as if the employee had checked the box for Single or Married filing separately in Step 1(c) and made no entries in Step 2, Step 3, or Step 4 of the 2023 Form W-4.
- State Exempt Status
- There are several states where claiming exempt expires annually so a new 2023 W-4 MUST be submitted by February 15, 2023 to maintain the exempt status.
- If a new W-4 is not received, the 2023 W-4 will be treated as if the employee had elected Single with Zero withholding allowance.
- To initiate EXEMPT status updates, please contact your local branch. The 2023 W-4 will be available beginning December 31, 2022.
Post W-2 issuance:
- W-2 Copies
- To align with general data protection regulations and to protect associates personally identifiable information, PII, W-2 forms will no longer be emailed. The best and quickest way to retrieve your W-2 is directly from Paperless Employee.
- Individuals choosing not to use Paperless Employee must make W-2 copy requests in writing by visiting a local branch and completing a request form. Requests for W-2 copies will be accepted beginning February 28th. Completing a request form and the February 28th begin date applies to individuals not using Paperless Employee. Copies can be downloaded from Paperless Employee at any time once issued.
- When online delivery is not elected, you are allotted one free copy per tax year in addition to the originally issued W-2. After the one free copy, additional copies will be available for a fee of $10. If you have already requested a copy of your W-2 in the past, you must create an account at Paperless Employee for payment of the fee and W-2 download. When your timely election for online delivery is made at Paperless Employee, copies of your W-2 are free through October 15.
- W-2 correction requests (i.e., SSN or Name changes) will be accepted beginning February 15. Please allow 7-10 business days for processing. Additional time and local branch office involvement could be required depending on the cause for the correction.
Associate Year End and W-2 FAQs
What is Paperless Employee?
Paperless Employee is a secure and user-friendly site where you may access your W-2. The site’s welcome messaging contains a hyperlink to a user guide that has step by step instructions for available services. These include creating and managing an account, registering for online delivery, resetting your password, and printing copies of your W-2.
- Are you using the correct URL? The correct URL is: https://www.paperlessemployee.com/Associates/PE
- Do you already have an account? Use the Forgot User ID or Password reset functions, otherwise, create an account.
- For already established accounts:
- Are you using the correct user id? Click on Forgot User ID under the login button.
- Have you forgotten your password? Click on Forgot Password under the login button.
- Has your email address or text changed since you first established an account? Contact the hotline between the hours of 10-7pm CST for assistance and request an account reset.
- Is your name and social security number correct with the company? An incorrect name or SSN will prohibit your ability to create an account with Paperless Employee. See the FAQ below for the incorrect name or SSN process.
- Does your name contain special characters or is fewer than three characters? Do not use the special characters and use your first name characters to meet the three-character requirement.
When will I have access to my W-2?
If you met the deadline to register for online delivery, you will receive email notification when the W-2 is available from Paperless Employee. If you did not register for online delivery, your W-2 will be printed, postmarked no later than January 31st and mailed via first class mail.
I registered for online delivery, but it was after the December 24th deadline.
If you registered for Paperless Employee and made the online delivery election after December 24th, your W-2 will be printed and mailed via first class mail no later than January 31st. Create an account at Paperless Employee and choose online delivery to access copies of your W-2 and receive future year’s W-2 electronically.
I have a new address, or I updated my address, but it was after December 24th.
Address updates after December 24th will apply to future correspondences. The W-2 will be delivered via first class mail to the address on record as of December 24th. Create an account at Paperless Employee and choose online delivery to access copies of your W-2 and receive future year’s W-2 electronically.
I did not receive or need a copy of my W-2.
To align with general data protection regulations and to protect associate personally identifiable information, PII, W-2 forms will no longer be emailed. Best practice is to retrieve your W-2 directly from Paperless Employee. Individuals choosing not to use Paperless Employee must make W-2 copy requests in writing by visiting a local branch and completing a request form. Requests for W-2 copies will be accepted beginning February 28th. Completion of the request form and the February 28th begin date applies to individuals not using Paperless Employee. You may download copies of your W-2 at Paperless Employee at your convenience. For additional information refer to the Paperless Employee FAQ.
I received multiple W-2s, why?
You would receive multiple W-2’s if you worked for more than one of our brands, which may have a different Federal Identification number (FEIN), or if you worked at more than one worksite.
My wages or tax are incorrect.
The wages reflected on the W-2 are taxable wages. If you had Section 125 Cafeteria Plan deductions (e.g., medical, dental, vision insurance) or other non-taxable payments (reimbursements) that may explain the perceived error. The tax amounts reflected on the W-2 are the amounts that were withheld based on the associate’s Federal and State W4 information.
After the W-2 has been created the reporting of wages and tax monies have already been sent to the tax agencies. Withholding elections cannot be changed retroactively to refund or deduct additional monies post end of year filing. You should make attempts to reconcile your withholding directly with the tax agency.
My W-4 Status is incorrect.
All W-4 changes must be initiated by the local branch. Please visit your local branch to make changes to your W-4 elections.
My Name or SSN is not correct.
Please visit your local branch for all name or SSN corrections. A help desk ticket needs to be submitted by branch personnel to initiate system and W-2 corrections.
What is the company FEIN and/or State account ID?
Company policy is that the Federal Identification Number (FEIN) or State Identification Number is not shared. You will need to obtain this information directly from your W-2.
Do you still have questions?
Please contact the W-2 Hotline at 866-692-6695.